Updating the Club Roster-Secretary
Updating the Club Roster
The Club Roster data is available as part of the Users Insights part of the website available at the Dashboard > Users Insights spreadsheet. Note that this reporting spreadsheet can be used by club administrators to fine-tune reports to their needs.
Club Roster Preparation
- Club Roster Columns: When on the Dashboard > Users Insights page on the rights find the columns toggle ‘eye’ icon.
- Apply check boxes to only include First Name, Last Name, E-mail, Joined Date, Dues Paid, Phone, Address, City, State, Zip.
- Next export the .csv file by selecting the export ‘file’ icon to the left of the column toggle ‘eye’ icon.
- On the next screen select ‘Export’.
- Once exported to your computer you can open the .csv file in your favorite spreadsheet program such as Excel or Numbers. Sort the file by Last Name, add a column on the left for row numbers and then hide the rows at the bottom that are associated with Rob Wickins. Change the header name in Excel. Then re-save the file as a .pdf and follow the additional instructions below.
- For consistency and so that files show in order, please name them with the following naming convention – monthyear-slff-club-roster.pdf
As an example for Jan 2022 name the file 0122-slff-club-roster.pdf and make sure to use hyphens and not spaces to avoid the name ‘breaking’ when downloading.
- Login to the WordPress backend https://www.santaluciaflyfishers.com/wp-admin/
- Click on Dashboard > Downloads
- Upload your file by selecting ‘Add New’.
- On the next page add a name such as Club Roster 0822 then on the right attach the pdf file from your computer
- Next scroll down to the Package Setting block > Allow Access and add Subscribers, Keymaster, Editors and Administrator
- Scroll up and click ‘Publish’.
- Go to Downloads > All Files and copy the ‘Shortcode’
- Go to the Club Roster page here https://www.santaluciaflyfishers.com/members/club-roster
- Select ‘Edit with Elementor’
- Click on the area when the Club Roster download information is
- On the left in the ‘Edit Shortcode’ area – erase the old shortcode and then paste the new Shortcode
- Click the bottom left ‘Update’ button to save the page
All set, you can now close the page and review on the front end by navigating to https://www.santaluciaflyfishers.com/members/club-roster
Email Board Members to alert them that you have published a new Roster.
If any questions you can reach out to the website developer Rob Wickens rob ‘at’ wickeninc.com