Helping a Member Reset their Password
Helping a member reset their password
If you know your username or the email account in your profile, you can use the “lost password” feature of WordPress.
- Go to your WordPress Login page https://www.santaluciaflyfishers.com/wp-login.php
- Click on the “Lost your password?” link
- Enter the email address on file for that account.
- A reset email will be sent, on the email select the ‘Click here to reset your password’ link (see attached).
- Enter in your new password and Save.
If you/they need a bit more guidance here are more resources.
- Video https://youtu.be/5AzbSVsezAI
- Written https://www.wpbeginner.com/beginners-guide/forgot-your-password-how-to-recover-a-lost-password-in-wordpress/
If you want to change their password on the admin side then you can do that and send them the password (though not as secure as you’re emailing their password).
Reset a user password through the WordPress admin
- In the Admin Panel menu, go to Users
- Click on the user you’d like to edit
- Scroll down to the New Password section and click on Generate Password. WordPress will generate a new password that you can use, or you can create your own. WordPress will indicate how strong your password is.
- Click the Update User button to save